Saturday, April 10, 2010

Am I a Voyeur?

Yes and no (sorry to be that guy). You are a voyeur watching almost any film/show because the people in the film aren't supposed to know you're there (unless it's something like The Office where Jim looks to the audience at times). However, the actors themselves know an audience is going to come watch the movie so since they know an audience will be watching them eventually it makes us not voyeurs in a way. Watching a movie where I'm a voyeur doesn't make me feel embarrassed because it's not weird to watch movies even if the actors don't know you're watching them. It's not the same as if I was watching someone in real life out of my window. If I was doing that I would feel creepy.

1 comment:

  1. so make believe is an outlet for voyeurism... interesting.
    -evelyn davis, professor

    ReplyDelete